Operations and technicians
Imagine a future where you’ll support our green energy transformation by managing operation, troubleshooting, and maintenance of transmission assets
Join us in this role where you’ll become a Transmission Specialist supporting our North-East Program of offshore wind farms. You’ll be responsible for commissioning, maintaining, operating and trouble-shooting high and low voltage equipment in a safe and controlled manner and providing safety guidance for all working parties in accordance with Ørsted Electrical Safety Rules. We cultivate a collaborative, dynamic, and diverse work environment and encourage career-long learning and development so our people can realise their full potential. The role will be based both onshore and offshore.
Welcome to North American Operations
You’ll be part of the High Voltage Transmission System team where you, together with your colleagues, will service, maintain, and repair the HV equipment throughout the region. In this role, you’ll report to the High Voltage (HV) Transmission System Manager.
You’ll play an important role in:
- providing safety by electrically or mechanically isolating, earthing, switching of high-voltage and low-voltage equipment for both planned and unplanned works on the high voltage transmission system.
- overseeing all low-, medium- and high-voltage electrical operational activities to ensure safety, security and integrity of the HV network.
- participating in coordination of inter-system operation, testing and associated safety procedures.
- advising operationally on high-voltage electrical installations to WTG, offshore substations and both HV sub-marine and onshore cables.
- undertaking maintenance of the high voltage transmission system assets in accordance with manufacturers’ instructions.
- leading contractors and working parties working on transmission assets.
- perform troubleshooting activities during system disturbances
To succeed in the role, you:
- have 5+ years of electrical operations and maintenance experience as a Qualified Person operating under company high-voltage safety rules.
- have experience working at transmission and distribution voltage levels
- have performed switching operations on high-voltage transmission assets.
- will need to become a Qualified Person (often referred to as an Authorized Person) under the the Ørsted Electrical Safety Rules (ØESR). Support and training will be provided to gain this internal accreditation in the first year of employment.
- will be able to work a shift-pattern, sometimes spending up to 7 days offshore on a Service Operation Vessel (SOV) at a time.
- can clear the medical checks and safety training programs as required by Global Wind Organisation (GWO) standards.
- have a valid US driver’s license.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than December 31, 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please note that you’re expected to do some travelling in relation to your work. You will be required to travel for up to 80% of your first year of employment. Travel will cover both Europe, America and, possibly, Asia.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.