IT and digital
Imagine a future where you create complex, world-class engineering applications in a leading international wind power organisation
Join us in this role where you’ll be our python software engineer in our Electrical Software Development team and be responsible for building web applications used in the electrical system design process. Electrical design applications are complex engineering systems developed internally within the company in the closest possible collaboration with the electrical system engineers. At present we are facing the challenge of upscaling our design efforts in the face of a worldwide increase in demand for green energy.
Welcome to Business Application Department
You’ll be part of the Engineering Agile Release team where you, together with your colleagues, will be responsible for automating complex, but routine workflows, by integrating company systems and data flows, and delivering world-class engineering applications. We are happy to offer a full slate of benefits, incl. competitive salaries, medical, dental, vision, internet allowance, work-life balance, and flexible working hours. We also offer some not-so-standard, extra-fun benefits, incl. learning and development.
You’ll play an important role in:
- creating business value by developing and maintaining extended functionality on IT products for the Wind Power area
- developing and maintaining applications mainly in Python
- working closely together with internal experts and key resources on the business side to define, mature, implement, and test features
- participating in daily stand-up meetings, sprint reviews, and code reviews with colleagues as well as ensuring optimisation of the scrum process.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have an academic degree at bachelor level in a relevant field or professional experience developing applications in Python
- advocate clean coding principles and development best practices (SOLID, DRY).
- apply best software development practices, incl. source control systems such as git, and conduct code reviews, pull requests, automated testing, etc
- have excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to articulate business and technical requirements.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 30 NOVEMBER 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations MY, , on talentacquisitionMY@orsted.com if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
We offer a flexible workplace, and in this position, you’ll be working in an office-based set-up.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.