IT and digital
Imagine a future where you support the energy transition by ensuring efficient CAPEX estimating and supporting tools for the market leader of offshore wind
Join us in this role where you’ll be instrumental in capturing the latest technology and price developments across the regions where we operate. The tools you build will ensure that our business cases reflect the latest knowledge we have on our supply chain’s capabilities, helping to secure our future global portfolio. You’ll be responsible for developing CAPEX estimating tools at the module level and across the team we cover the full scope (incl. floating) of an offshore wind farm on a global scale.
Welcome to Ørsted’s Engineering, Procurement, and Construction (EPC) organisation
You’ll be part of the globally based Cost Engineering team where you, together with your colleagues, will work across the EPC organisation, as well as the commercial part of the organisation. The team has a strong collaborative approach, where we solve tasks both as a team and individually. You’ll have competent and experienced colleagues from around the world committed to supporting your development, as you work across the offshore wind portfolio and strengthen your knowledge, competences, and skillset within Cost Engineering.
You’ll play an important role in:
- developing cost-estimating models for strategic modules to support lean data flow, and to maximise insight from our portfolio through increased knowledge sharing
- working closely with Engineering, Procurement, and Construction to ensure the representation of the latest technology and commercial assumptions in the cost baseline
- ensuring compliance with established cost-estimating processes, systems, and industry best practice, as well as a continuous focus on data quality and integration with IT tools and governance.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a degree in engineering, computer science, mathematics, business administration, or finance
- are eager to learn and develop within the team, and will pursue a good track record in terms of supporting employee’s internal career development, both horizontally and vertically
- preferably have experience with complex infrastructure projects or renewable energy, though this is not a prerequisite
- are a high-level user of MS Excel, with experience working with databases and programming being preferable, but not a prerequisite
- have a proactive and structured approach to your work and the drive to handle complex tasks
- can communicate effectively and create good relationships with stakeholders.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 4 October 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Soeren Jessen, Senior Manager, on (Denmark +45) 99554380 on Mondays to Fridays from 09:00-16:00 CET; Central European Time, if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process, we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.