Engineering and construction
Project Manager for Wind Farm Design & Configuration
Imagine a future where you lead a project team, delivering wind farm concept and layout, energy yield assessment, GIS activities, and measurements
Join us in this role where you’ll lead and project manage a project team in the different phases of a wind farm’s lifecycle, from project development and construction to Operations & Maintenance (O&M). At the same time, you’ll ensure our business cases deliver competitive projects for investment decisions, as well as delivering on these throughout the lifecycle of the wind farm. We work as a strong project matrix organisation and our project management reflects the PMI project management structure and terminology.
Welcome to Wind Farm Project Management
You’ll be part of Wind Farm Design & Configuration Management where you, together with your colleagues, will deliver our core deliverable of data and wind farm configurations needed to enable the organisation to develop, build, and operate offshore wind farms in an optimal and sustainable way. You’ll act as a key figure both in the office and occasionally offshore and will become part of a team of dedicated project managers with very different backgrounds and skillsets. We’re united by strong project and stakeholder management skills and ambition.
You’ll play an important role in:
- project managing a team of five to ten people and a large number of stakeholders, while demonstrating ownership of your projects by delivering on your scope
- motivating and driving team performance and being a role model according to our five guiding principles: integrity, passion, team, results, and safety
- managing contracts and contractors throughout your projects while ensuring specification, procurement, installation, and maintenance, e.g., of measurement equipment
- providing recommendations for management in relation to specific technical and commercial issues and risks based on input from relevant experts
- ensuring clear communication to external stakeholders.
To succeed in the role, you:
- hold a bachelor’s or master’s degree within engineering, business, or a commercial field
- have experience leading multicultural teams, preferably across continents
- have strong communication skills and can engage with stakeholders at all levels
- are self-driven and able to adapt to an ever-changing project environment in a complex matrix organisation
- have complex project management experience within the energy sector, preferably offshore wind
- have a broad technical background and commercial understanding.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 16 October 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations MY, Talent Acquisition Consultant, on talentacquisitionMY@orsted.com, if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process, we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.