Finance and controlling
Payroll Manager, North America
Imagine a future where you set the standards for payroll excellence for a growing business leading the green energy transformation
Join us in this role where you’ll manage the US payroll processes, overseeing the timely and accurate payment of 500+ US employees while ensuring compliance with all state and federal agencies. You’ll work with an international organization in close cooperation with stakeholders and our service delivery teams and will be closely involved in securing the globalization of people services in Ørsted Business Services (ØBS).
Welcome to Global People Services
You’ll be part of the GPS-US team where you, together with your colleagues, will oversee and supervise the organization’s payroll functions, ensuring the punctual and accurate processing of pay, in compliance with government regulations. You’ll work in collaboration with the Employment Tax Manager and Payroll Specialist to deliver employee pay and various budget and compliance reporting to both internal and external stakeholders.
You’ll play an important role in:
- leading the processing of payroll for US employees and expats on bi-weekly and weekly payrolls
- overseeing all government payroll regulations, policies, and procedures, ensuring continued compliance across the board
- managing garnishment interpretation and communication with courts, interpretation of tax laws and rules, and maintenance of earnings and deduction codes
- ensuring the correct mapping of processes, incl. identifying risks and implementing controls to mitigate them
- leading US best practice planning in coordination with the global payroll team on process improvement in order to refine and introduce new Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
To succeed in the role, you:
- demonstrate extensive knowledge of the payroll function, incl. preparation, balancing, internal control, and payroll taxes
- have up-to-date knowledge of payroll procedures and related laws
- have familiarity with payroll software/ HRIS i.e., UKG and SAP - Employee Central
- possess excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 2022-10-31. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations US, Talent Acquisition Operations US, on talentacquisitionUS@orsted.com, if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process, we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.