Finance and controlling
Senior Financial Accountant / Controller / R2R Expert
Imagine a future where you’re ensuring excellent financial reporting by leveraging business knowledge and process optimisation.
Join us in this role where you’ll be responsible for a broad set of financial accounting and reporting processes concerning the Group’s legal entities, incl. month-end closing, reconciliations, statutory accounts, as well as for performing internal controls. You’ll furthermore play a large role in process optimisation, aided by your significant experience in the field.
Welcome to Financial Accounting &Controlling
You’ll be part of the Financial Accounting team where you, together with your colleagues, will be responsible for delivering standardised, high-quality, and timely accounting and reporting products within FAC. You’ll join a workplace culture centred around teamwork and development through a close collaboration with your colleagues and stakeholders within and outside of FAC department.
You’ll play an important role in:
- preparing appropriate financial journals and reconciling your entities’ accounts
- preparing statutory accounts and providing high quality audit documentation
- reporting on a number of legal entities for group reporting purposes (IFRS)
- delivering on other local reporting requirements, e.g., VAT and National Statistics
- meeting requirements for Joint Venture reporting and other related deliverables
- driving the continuous optimisation of processes – specifically in connection with month-end closing and our reporting systems.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a bachelor’s degree in accounting, controlling, or similar
- have extensive relevant experience working in a public accounting firm or a controlling department in an international company, incl. thorough knowledge of IFRS; Spanish accounting standards desired but not required
- speak and write English at an academic level and can communicate clearly in writing, excel at communicating financial issues in a readily understandable language; Spanish language desired but not required
- have an analytical and logical approach to issues as well as the ability to critically handle information you receive
- are results-oriented and set visible and relevant goals for your tasks
- thrive in a changing environment, take independent responsibility, and enjoy working with colleagues across teams and national borders.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here, you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 30 November 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Jowita Bacik-Wasik, Manager in Financial Accounting - CE＆UK, on (Poland +48) 573790081, if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.