Engineering and construction
Geo Subsea Cable Engineer
Imagine a future where you, together with other geo-professionals, will set new standards for managing ground-based risks for offshore cable installation and design
Join us in this role where you’ll become a Subsea Cable Engineer within the Subsea Cables team under Engineering in Ørsted. You’ll work alongside dedicated geo-colleagues on some of our exciting offshore wind projects, where you’ll be involved from early development to operation working with assessments for offshore cable installation and cable design, focusing on ground-based risks for cables.
Welcome to Seabed and Cables
You’ll be part of Subsea Cables where you, together with your colleagues, will work to understand our stakeholder requirements and develop interfaces that align with their needs. You’ll work on our offshore wind projects across regions, while being an integrated part of a strong professional team in Subsea Cables where we focus on supporting each other and having fun.
You’ll play an important role in:
- identifying and managing ground-based risk across our asset projects to ensure that offshore cables are designed, installed, maintained, and divested according to industry best practice
- providing input to installation and design of subsea cables for our offshore wind farm projects through e.g., burial tool assessments, Cable Burial Risk Assessments, and assessments of burial requirement
- overseeing the project organisation from bid-phase to installation and operation, where you’ll communicate ground-based risk assessments based on geotechnical and geophysical data
- manipulating large multidisciplinary datasets, incl. geo-data, trenching, installation, as-built and operational, to carry out modelling and assessments, incl. plotting and reporting of the results
- supporting the development of in-house tools for improved work performance.
To succeed in the role, you:
- hold a master’s degree in engineering, preferably in geoscience, civil engineering, or equivalent fields
- have experience, preferably within offshore cable or pipeline engineering work
- have excellent communication skills and speak and write English fluently
- thrive in an international environment
- have a results-oriented approach to your work and show initiative and commitment
- thrive on working both independently and together with your colleagues and business partners.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here, you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 28 November 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations MY, Talent Acquisition Consultant, on talentacquisitionMY@orsted.com, if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process, we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.