Senior Category Manager - Power-to-X
Imagine a future where you play a pivotal role in delivering on Europe’s fastest growing energy company’s ambition to create a business within renewable
Join us in this role where you’ll lead and co-shape our supply chain strategy within green fuels and see that strategy through to fruition. You’ll be responsible for creating and maintaining relations with both suppliers and internal stakeholders in the pursuit of building our organisation’s capabilities within this new strategic business area.
Welcome to Power-to-X Procurement
You’ll be part of a team of procurement professionals where you, together with your colleagues, will be responsible for the procurement and contract management of Power-to-X assets. You’ll help shape and lead our sourcing efforts in accordance with the overall strategy, backed by a large global organisation. Each team member plays multiple roles as we’re still operating in a start-up like environment in which everyone has the common objective of making this important step-change in the energy transition happen.
You’ll play an important role in:
- developing viable strategies and conceptualising the way to source and contract with established risk and opportunity understandings from an international asset heavy industry (e.g., petro-chem, oil and gas)
- screening, understanding, and developing a fit-for-purpose supply chain, whether based on large EPC contracts, multi contracting, or a combination of the two
- constantly staying on top of fast-changing market developments and supplier landscapes
- acting as liaison between the procurement and Power-to-X business unit, which is based in multiple countries in Europe and the US
- helping to build the right team and capabilities which allow us to scale successfully.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a master’s degree in engineering or business, and have successfully created and executed procurement strategies in an EPCI context
- have relevant experience within a large fixed-asset industry, preferably specific market insights within fuels, hydrogen, or heavy process industries
- have a strong business orientation and experience with supplier development and various contracting models, as well as risk sharing strategies for complex, managed, asset-heavy services
- have excellent negotiation and communication skills combined with a driving personality, enabling you to take the lead, but most importantly, to act as a team player which puts the collective success of the group first
- speak and write English fluently
- are innovative and can thrive with constant change as the P2X business grows from a start-up to an experienced delivery organisation.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here, you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 4 December 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Lars Holck, Senior Manager, on (Denmark +45) 99554716, if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.