Operations and technicians
Offshore Coordinator (m/f/d)
Imagine a future where you join a team who wants to bring the world further to run entirely on green energy
Join us in this role where you’ll be responsible for granting safe access and ensuring the safety and tracking of our offshore teams. You’ll also cover operational control under a Safe System of Work (SSoW) and implement our emergency response plan when required.
Welcome to HV & Transmission Operation
You’ll be part of the Control Room where you, together with your colleagues, will work together to maintain an understanding of the company’s Energy Asset strategy while carrying out relevant resulting tasks. Together with your team, you’ll prepare agendas for people tracking and communicate these to the authorities. You’ll also establish a good and professional communication with all stakeholders, incl. i.e., HEMS, Bundespolizei etc. whilst participating in daily coordination meetings.
You’ll play an important role in:
- coordinating emergency response, controlling vessel traffic, responding to radio communications, and escalating to incident coordinator/second line emergency response, as appropriate
- providing VHF Radio communication to all vessels, helicopter, and WTG technicians, using the Ørsted Communication System
- managing the WTG and transmission access restrictions, i.e., keeping them up-to-date and receiving direction on these from the planning/scheduling department using the Ørsted Systems
- maintaining the flight and vessel e-logbook, handling all vessel allocations and unforeseen changes to the daily plan/schedule, as well as optimising the efficiency of vessel use
- operating the offshore management system (SOMS) and ensuring that all offshore personnel have the correct certification and pax lists
- providing weather forecasting and observation system data, interpreting the data to provide advice and recommendations to our offshore teams and to assist in planning.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a nautical background, an understanding of SSoW and marine coordination/control, as well as experience in a marine setting
- can keep calm under pressure
- are an experienced IT user, incl. Microsoft Office package
- have excellent communication skills, incl. VHF radio communication experience
- are fluent in verbal and written English.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here, you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 16 December 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Thomas Kettler, Team Lead Control Room, on on Mondays to Thursdays from 09:30-16:00 CET; Central European Time if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process, we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.