Engineering and construction
Head of HVC Specialists
Imagine a future where you lead a globalised team of skilled cable specialists, securing the reliability of the cable systems used at all our offshore wind farms
Join us in this role where you’ll be leading and empowering a team of 26 HVC specialist. Our department supports the organisation’s offshore strategy by providing highly competent cable specialists within electrical, mechanical, and 3D draftsman’s to our project organisations. You’ll be leading a diverse, dynamic, and ambitious team located across the globe.
Welcome to HV Cables
You’ll be part of HVC Specialists where you, together with your colleagues, will be responsible for the overall cable system design and technical solution used at our offshore wind farms. This includes validation of technical solutions, reviews of design changes, as well as overall responsible for the quality strategy and setup within HV Cables. Additionally, you and your team will be responsible for developing innovation solutions within HV Cables and you’ll develop your employees’ business acumen to perform efficiently. You’ll ensure cross-organisational collaboration with key stakeholders to the team, to enable innovation, improvements, and co-creation of value to reduce the cost of electricity.
You’ll play an important role in:
- performing daily line management tasks and providing leadership
- recruiting and training people and leading people development
- ensuring good cooperation with key stakeholders and customers
- setting the direction for how we work.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a passion for people and is motivated by creating results through others, this includes a high degree of integrity
- have an interest in, and understanding of, HV Cables
- have a passion for leadership and for the development of talented people and have a proactive and systematic approach to your work tasks
- thrive in an international environment and excel in creating good relationships with your stakeholders
- speak and write English fluently.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing, green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 4 December 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Morten Bjaert Krogh Terkelsen, Director, on (Denmark +45) 99556283 if you’d like to know more about the position.
If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.