Engineering and construction
Senior Geophysicist for offshore wind development
Imagine a future where you’re part of a dynamic team that designs industry-leading geophysical survey solutions for offshore wind development
Join us in this role where you’ll contribute to leading the industry into the next decade of geophysical surveys for offshore wind farm development. As a geophysicist, you’ll be responsible for the geophysical survey aspects in all project phases and experience how the offshore wind power business looks from the front line. Furthermore, you’ll have the opportunity to contribute to the development of new tools and innovative solutions for further enhanced value creation across the Ørsted portfolio.
Welcome to GEO
You’ll be part of Geophysical Surveys where you, together with your colleagues, will handle the technical management of the geophysical surveys and challenge the survey industry standards by constantly striving for continuous improvements. The Geophysical Surveys team consists of 15 dedicated people spread across three countries who design and execute high-quality geophysical surveys in order to support the engineering challenges and regulatory requirements in our projects. As a team, we acknowledge that good performance and a meaningful work culture comes out of strong relations, mutual trust, curiosity, and a psychologically safe environment where every voice counts.
You’ll play an important role in:
- being responsible for designing geophysical surveys, incl. preparation of technical material, participation in kick-off meetings with various contractors, mobilisations, and port calls
- being responsible for managing survey operations and contractor deliveries, incl. vessel calls, weekly processing meetings with contractors, and data quality assurance
- UXO risk mitigation from the development phase towards the construction of our offshore wind farms
- being responsible for driving quality into the acquired data and maximising its value through proactive stakeholder engagement
- joining a project-specific site investigation team consisting of project managers, geophysical assessment engineers, geotechnical engineers, and construction managers.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have extensive offshore experience within shallow geophysical data acquisition and processing, incl. bathymetry, side-scan sonar, magnetometer, sub-bottom profiler, and UHR seismic methods
- have a relevant degree in earth sciences
- speak and write English fluently
- have excellent communication skills, enabling you to convey your messages smoothly and efficiently when interacting with your stakeholders
- have a proactive and systematic approach to your work tasks and thrive on being in a dynamic working environment.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here, you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 29 January 2023.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Jeppe Bloch Lauridsen, Head of Geophysical Surveys, on (Denmark +45) 99554757, if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process, we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that you’re expected to do some travelling in relation to your work, as you’ll be participating in kick-off meetings, processing meetings, and other project meetings, as well as various departmental activities over the cycle of a year.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.