Finance and controlling
Head of Internal Controls
Imagine a future where you lead a multinational team tasked with managing our corporate internal controls framework
Join us in this role where you’ll lead Internal Control Assurance, a team of six talented professionals focusing on embedding and developing our global internal controls framework covering the financial, ESG, and ITGC areas.
Welcome to Group Finance
You’ll be part of Group Finance where you, together with your colleagues, will facilitate the annual risk assessment, provide advisory support to develop the first-line processes and control environment, monitor the controls are being performed, test the effectiveness of the controls, and report on the control framework to Senior Management and the Audit & Risk Committee. You’ll report to the Head of Group Finance with 35 colleagues that besides ICA and handing of insurances, are focusing on internal and external reporting of the Group’s consolidated financial and ESG data. As a team, we prioritise helping and supporting each other in an open and friendly working environment to provide the best solutions and learn from experiences.
You’ll play an important role in:
- setting the overall direction for, and ensuring a continuous development of, the Group’s control framework and environment, incl. spearheading risk management, awareness and facilitating a strong control culture
- engaging with key stakeholders, incl. internal and external auditors, and closely following best practices and where the business is headed
- overseeing and managing the yearly internal control risk assessment, documenting and testing the effectiveness of the controls, and ensuring that internal controls are being performed
- providing assurance to Senior Management and the Audit & Risk Committee that sufficient controls are in place and appropriately designed and operated to mitigate risks
- expanding and standardising the control framework in line with the Group’s processes
- ensuring the implementation and operation of a new internal control system.
To succeed in the role, you:
- enjoy leading a team and believing that the delegation of tasks and collective efforts will bring better results and a great team spirit
- have experience as a line or project manager working with an internal control framework in a multinational company
- have a relevant financial education, e.g., a master’s degree in auditing or finance, and understand classical accounting and controlling disciplines
- enjoy working with and managing stakeholders and are comfortable being exposed to top management levels and Committee members
- have great communication skills and a structured approach to your work
- have a keen eye for process improvements, automation, and are used to delivering high-quality assignments, even when deadlines are tight.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here, you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 29 January 2023.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Jeppe Hoff Nielsen, Vice President, on (Denmark +45) 99559732, if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process, we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.