Strategy and business development
Ventures & Open Innovation Specialist
Imagine a future where you help drive Ørsted's innovation agenda by engaging with external innovation ecosystems to source new knowledge and technologies
Join us in this role where you’ll be responsible for our ventures and open innovation activities in the UK together with your team. In this way, you’ll execute on our ambition to further leverage innovation in external ecosystems. You’ll help to identify, integrate, and commercialise innovations from partners, such as start-ups, universities and research organisations, and from adjacent industries. You’ll also manage collaborations with innovation partners and support early-stage technology development projects.
Welcome to Innovation
You’ll be part of Ventures & Open Innovation where you, together with your colleagues, will focus on strategic innovation and business development, as part of a broad and impactful agenda. Our mission is to leverage innovation in external ecosystems and so enable Ørsted to access key solutions and identify next-generation technology trends. Your role in the team will focus on collaboration with external innovation ecosystems in the UK. You’ll work closely with both local teams in the UK and global teams across our locations to ensure alignment with local needs and global strategy. As a team, we 're highly diverse, dynamic, international, and collaborative, fostering a strongly social environment whilst priding ourselves on our inclusive ways of working.
You’ll play an important role in:
- identifying new knowledge and innovative, early-stage technologies
- engaging with start-ups, universities, research organisations, and adjacent industries
- ensuring the successful acceleration and deployment of innovations
- developing commercial agreements and ensuring the rapid commercialisation of technologies
- working with public and private funding organisations to support technology development and commercialisation
- maintaining and enhancing Ørsted’s position in the innovation landscape by organising and attending events, networking, etc.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have experience of establishing innovation partnerships with a wide range of stakeholders
- understand what it takes to successfully commercialise emerging technologies
- ideally have a track record of working with UK start-ups, universities, and research organisations
- are proactive and thrive when you are travelling, networking, and attending events
- enjoy working in an international environment and can quickly create deep and meaningful relationships with your stakeholders
- have a passion for technology, innovation, collaboration, and renewable energy.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here, you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 6 February 2023.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations UK, , on talentacquisitionUK@orsted.com, if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process, we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.