IT and digital
Senior Network & IoT SCADA Engineer
Imagine a future where you take active part in developing SCADA systems for one of the world’s most innovative energy companies.
Join us in this role where you’ll configuring controls on offshore wind turbines and power plants while securing data acquisition. We’re an international team of SCADA domain experts cooperating closely with each other. You’ll get an amazing opportunity to enhance your capabilities within AVEVA (Wonderware and OSIsoft) platforms, SCADA communication, networking protocols, and SAFe Agile methods for teamwork.
Welcome to Platform, Integration & Data
You’ll be part of one of the SCADA teams where you, together with your colleagues, will support the Ørsted internal SCADA users globally. Our two teams are on a growth journey and foster a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment where you’ll learn from the best and get to work on challenging projects. We build new features, maintain current solutions, and offer end user support 24/7. As a team, we take full ownership, offer flexibility, and value the opportunity of being onsite at our office regularly to form a sense of team.
You’ll play an important role in:
- strengthening the community of great, positive people working within the SCADA area by developing and supporting central SCADA systems in a networked level setup, based on AVEVA Solutions (Wonderware)
- being part of the future systems built on IoT level SCADA systems, currently in POC state
- planning, upgrading, installing, configuring, supporting, and maintaining system and application servers with their interface requirements included to connect to local site-specific SCADA systems
- solving incident tickets within the SLA, planning and patching support on all systems, and being on duty to lend support in connection with major incidents
- controlling power plant site upgrades such as T2000 to T3000, as well as setting up new connections and securing a stable operation of these systems
- expanding grid services in the SCADA systems and supporting business applications/V-Node plans.
To succeed in the role, you:
- are a curious and positive person, eager to learn new things and share your knowledge with others, bringing experience with AVEVA systems, preferably Wonderware and/or OSIsoft combined with products such as System Platform, Historian, PI Server, PI Asset Framework (AF), PI Interface
- are familiar with operating and developing network level (supervisory and control) SCADA systems connecting to remote network with physical layer (field) SCADA systems handled by others
- would like to learn working with defining a future IoT and cloud-level SCADA system and later be a part of building it from scratch and moving it into operational state
- are acquainted with specifying and ordering communication and platform infrastructure elements for the SCADA HW architecture for others to build and install, and you know how to install, configure, and program the supervisory system software for maintaining or extending the SCADA SW architecture
- have previously worked with industrial communication protocols, such as OPC DA, XML and UA, IEC 104, or Modbus
- feel comfortable with MS SQL Server system administration, SQL query, and MS Windows Server system administration and can specify and discuss the related requirements and tasks, in cooperation with our Windows Server and network delivery teams.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here, you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 30 April 2023.
We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Michal Bartos, , on (+48) 507367039 ,if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.