IT and digital
Senior Network Security Engineer
Imagine a future where you become part of a talented and collaborative team, where we ensure, implement, and maintain the IT infrastructure
Join us in this role where you’ll work together with a small, passionate team which is accountable for the IT infrastructure network security at our production sites in North America.
Welcome to Production IT infrastructure
You’ll be part of Production IT Infrastructure where you, together with your colleagues, will be responsible for network security services for our production sites in North America. Together with other IT technical teams, locally and globally, we work on delivering the full network/security package, e.g., security and network hardware, WAN, servers, and services such as AD, Jump host, DHCP, DNS, etc. This role will focus primarily on network security where we use Cisco and Palo Alto equipment. As a team, we collaborate closely across countries and embrace learning opportunities. Knowledge sharing is key and through personal leadership, you'll have the opportunity to learn and grow.
You’ll play an important role in:
- maintaining and supporting our existing production security infrastructure on our production and Generator Control Centre (GCC) sites, up to NERC CIP High level
- keeping the IT infrastructure running as a stable platform for our business
- installing infrastructure components on our North America production facilities
- liaising with our network architects, enterprise architects, and key stakeholders to design and implement new projects
- being a part of our US local support team for our IT production infrastructure, supporting our Onshore and Offshore power generation facilities
- supporting the SAFe transformation within the team and ensuring a collaborative and positive work ethos.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have experience with operating and deploying firewalls, e.g., Palo Alto and Cisco, as well as basic skills in configuring routers, switches, and management platforms e.g., Panorama, Cisco CSM, or others
- have knowledge working with RTU/PLC, industrial automation, and knowledge about protocols such as Modbus, Profinet, and Serial communications
- are generally interested in working with Scada/OT network (production network)
- can patch and maintain a wide range of infrastructure technologies to keep our core applications afloat.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here, you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than February 27, 2023.
We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations US, Talent Acquisition Operations US, on talentacquisitionUS@orsted.com if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process, we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that you’re expected to do some travelling in relation to your work, as you’ll travel to production sites as to physically setup IT equipment when needed.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.