Marketing, branding and communications
Senior Internal Communications and Employee Engagement Manager
Imagine a future where you play a pivotal role in shaping the people engagement strategy for our UK and Ireland regions
Join us in this role where you’ll be working within the UK Internal Communications and Engagement team supporting our HR department, called People and Development, to deliver transformational internal communications and employee engagement strategies. These strategies will drive and support the roll-out of our people transformation strategy and agenda for local implementation to key stakeholders, incl. our people leader community. You’ll also deliver and contribute to build the Region UK and Ireland identity and culture across the region and embed our employee value proposition.
Welcome to UK Brand, Media and Communications Team
You’ll be part of our Internal Communications and Engagement team working closely with your Brand and Media colleagues. In collaboration with your Internal Communications and Engagement team colleagues, you will lead the implementation, review, and further development of the People and Development internal communications and engagement strategy with the rest of our internal audiences, working closely with colleagues supporting our operational and construction colleagues based at different locations. As a team, we’re an inclusive, dedicated, ambitious, and passionate team of three, currently working in a hybrid way across the UK, but who come together as one collaborative and strategic function.
You’ll play an important role in:
- advising the Head of People and Development and their team with appropriate internal communications and engagement strategies
- reviewing and suggesting internal communications and engagement strategies using a multi-channel approach of traditional and new media to support office, site, offshore, and hybrid working employees
- integrating and scheduling activities, launching globally wide to support localisation of messages across the UK and Ireland and with specific audience groups
- proactively identifying opportunities and risks in planning internal communications and engagement that helps to support the people and development transformation change story and agenda
- supporting the People and Development team, and the rest of the internal communications team, with keeping our teams engaged and informed about changes.
To succeed in the role, you:
- possess excellent copywriter and editing skills, with a creative flair as a storyteller
- are tuned into the latest developments in internal communications and employee engagement, particularly around stakeholder management and influencing with change management transformational communication strategies
- can think strategically and creatively
- have an aptitude for planning and prioritising work and meeting deadlines in a dynamic work environment, whilst managing multiple projects
- can build strong relationships with senior managers across the business, providing trusted, professional advice on employee communications, engagement, integration with the culture and presenting to senior stakeholders.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here, you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 31 March 2023.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations UK, , on talentacquisitionUK@orsted.com if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that you’re expected to do some travelling in relation to your work, as you’ll be working with colleagues in our UK sites in Grimsby and Barrow and Copenhagen, Denmark
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.