Engineering and construction
Senior Onshore Cable Installation Project Lead
Imagine a future where you’re part of one of our challenging offshore projects responsible for the technical input of landfall installations
Join us in this role where you’ll be responsible for providing technical support associated with the development, engineering, and execution of the landfall installation to facilitate the pull-in of HV export cables connecting our offshore wind farms. You’ll be interacting directly with the contractors, consultants, and a vast suite of internal stakeholders to manage the scope and relevant interfaces.
Welcome to HV Cables
You’ll be part of Export Cable Management where you, together with your colleagues, will be ensuring the highest quality of both the design, engineering, procurement of services, and execution of the landfall scope in challenging projects and markets. You’ll work with a team of experienced engineers across Europe, the US, and APAC and play a fundamental part in ensuring that the optimal landfall solution is determined and progressed. Together, you’ll ensure alignment with Permitting, Site Investigation, Risk Management, Schedule, Budget, Engineering, and Procurement. As a team, we are open-minded, share our ideas and lessons learned, and work closely together across countries. We embrace diversity and support development.
You’ll play an important role in:
- managing the design and engineering of all aspects of the landfall, ensuring that it’s in line with international standards and contractual requirements
- providing technical expertise to support the project manager in decision-making and its substantiation throughout the lifecycle, leading the interface with other work scopes, both onshore and offshore
- preparing documentation for permitting with the technical solution, ensuring that the method and design for the landfall scope are both viable and comply with the legal commitments
- leading the technical aspect of the procurement process, ensuring contractor engagement, and considering safety, quality, budget, and schedule, etc.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have demonstrable experience within engineering or delivery of onshore and offshore landfall installations and are familiar with the principles of trenchless technology, incl. HDD for long length, large-diameter, and complex installations
- have in-depth knowledge of civils design and operation, incl. direct excavation of trenches within the onshore or offshore environment
- can work on numerous tasks, challenges, and projects simultaneously and independently, and drive collaboration and coordination between various stakeholders to ensure the optimum solution, recognising the constraints on both the landfall scope and those affecting our interface parties
- take responsibility for all technical aspects relating to landfall design, engineering, procurement, and construction, to ensure an effective installation of high-voltage export cables.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here, you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 31 March 2023.
We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations MY, Talent Acquisition Partner, on talentacquisitionMY@orsted.com, if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.