Technical Manager of Energy Storage
Imagine a world where you drive the implementation of energy storage and support our green vision
Join us in this role where you’ll support our growing involvement on the deployment of energy storage technologies for development, construction, and operation of stand-alone grid-scale energy storage and hybrid facilities. You’ll have the responsibility of managing all technical aspects of early-stage execution, sourcing, and contract execution.
Welcome to Procurement
You’ll be part of our Energy Storage team where you, together with your colleagues, will work on multiple projects and, at the same time, develop and maintain relationships with suppliers and different business units. As a team, we strive to provide outstanding support across the company and value building a dynamic work environment.
You’ll play an important role in:
- acting as the internal and external focal point for all technical matters relating to the procurement of major equipment for battery energy storage systems
- designing and implementing technical, permitting, and performance requirements that align with broader Ørsted supplier compliance requirements and power purchase agreements
- being the primary technical liaison to sourcing specialists, category managers, and internal stakeholders
- leading process improvement initiatives and driving value across stand-alone energy storage and hybrid facility life-cycle
- managing early-stage technical aspects of energy storage, incl. equipment selection, basis of design, permitting compliance, augmentation, and extended life
- overseeing smooth and seamless transitions of executed contracts and contract amendments to Engineering, Asset Management, and other internal stakeholders.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have 3+ years’ experience in energy storage sourcing and procurement
- have a bachelor’s degree in engineering, international business, or similar
- have a commercial way of thinking with technical knowledge and skills in grid-scale energy storage
- have excellent stakeholder management skills and communicate freely at all organizational levels and can cooperate efficiently with colleagues from other in-house functions as well as with the external supply chain
- are solution-oriented with a self-starter mindset who can thrive in a rapidly developing working environment, and have experience with building constructive working relationships in an international team
- have outstanding interpersonal, communication, decision making/problem solving, analytical, relationship and time management skills and have substantial experience with negotiation and execution of energy storage supply and O&M contracts.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here, you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than March 27, 2023.
We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations US, , on talentacquisitionUS@orsted.com if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.