Security Operations Officer(UK West)
Imagine a future where you’re a part of a team, where your views and inputs are not only welcomed, but are actively encouraged and appreciated!
Join us in this role where you’ll develop, oversee, and manage security requirements and related projects in compliance with industry standards, regulators, and legislation across your area of responsibility, both onshore and offshore, using your creative and problem-solving skills. You’ll develop and manage your operational security responsibilities, using a proactive information led approach to security risk management. You’ll also share and deliver innovative and proportionate solutions to key stakeholders while taking the lead in developing a positive security culture.
Welcome to Global Security
You’ll be part of UK Security Operations where you, together with your colleagues, will support and advise the Head of the West of UK Operations on security related matters. As a team, we work together to support and encourage your efforts and effectiveness within the team and the wider organisation. We’ll support you in your endeavours!
You’ll play an important role in:
- supporting and advising the Head of the West of UK Operations and/or Facility, in addition to their line management, on security related matters
- taking the lead in conducting physical security threat and risk assessments, as per facilities within their area of responsibility
- producing, updating, and implementing the site-specific security plans, instructions, SOP’s, and guidelines in accordance with industry, regulators, and ISO standards
- taking the lead in conducting physical security gap analysis.
To succeed in the role, you:
- will have graduated from a Law Enforcement/Civil Protection Academy, and/or possess a relevant master’s degree, and have considerable service within a Security Risk Management operational environment
- managing contractors and vendors, along with internal and external stakeholders
- delivering on our targets, such as security projects, cost, KPIs, and security and safety standards
- providing input and driving continuous development within the security area, aiming for best practice
- ensuring alignment with Group Real Estate and Workplace Management colleagues and other relevant stakeholders
- supporting and implementing our global concepts and guidelines with a respect for local adaptation and culture.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here, you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 9 April 2023.
We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Brendon Largue, Head of Regional Security CE/UK, on (United Kingdom +44) 7920424307 from Monday to Thursday between 09:00-15:00 GMT, if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.