Finance and controlling
(Senior) Financial Risk Model Developer
Imagine a future where you contribute to handling our financial risk ranging from commodities like power and steel to FX exposures from our activities abroad
Join us in this role where you’ll be faced with a broad range of tasks, incl. technical coding problems, building business solutions, and carrying out ad hoc analyses. Most of the time you and your colleagues will design, develop, and maintain code and tools in SAS and Python while applying your technical skills to continuously improving and optimising our in-house-built risk management platform.
Welcome to Risk Management & Market Analytics
You’ll be part of Digital Risk Partners where you, together with your colleagues, will be responsible for modelling the Group’s financial risks. We’re a bright and curious team of five developers working in the field between finance and IT. We keep an informal tone, take shared coffee breaks, and strive to have fun during the day. There is a lot of freedom in the daily work and we take pride in ensuring a high quality in the work we do. Each member of the team is very proficient in IT and finance and thrives delivering quality solutions utilising both skillsets. As a team, we’re eager to engage with the risk managers and in collaboration with them find the best and most robust solutions to their problems.
You’ll play an important role in:
- acting as a natural digital risk partner to our risk management function
- challenging existing processes, deliveries, and stakeholders to ensure maximum business impact on new solutions
- translating business requirements into high-quality and fit-for-purpose solutions
- continuously supporting, improving, and operating our production platforms
- ensuring that we work as efficiently as possible and atomising any work process that takes time away from development, incl. testing, deployment, etc.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have well-developed capabilities within coding, e.g., Python, SAS, or similar
- thrive in actively engaging with and providing and receiving feedback to and from our stakeholders, who are predominantly either risk management or IT experts
- are proficient within finance or statistics, preferably with an understanding of financial products, such as options, futures, and similar
- engage in collaborations across teams, functions, locations, and cultures while also working well independently
- thrive in an informal and collegial atmosphere.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here, you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 27 March 2023.
We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Louise Mai Jansen, Manager, on (Denmark +45) 99551076, if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.