Finance and controlling
Imagine a future where you take up the exciting challenge of assessing green investment opportunities and impact commercial decisions
Join us in this role where you’ll become our financial analyst in the Investment Analysis team in Bioenergy, where you’ll work closely with contract managers, project developers, and energy market specialists to deliver business case models and investment decision material. Our team supports the business unit, Bioenergy, with analysis and valuations of the organisation’s existing energy assets, such as our combined heat and power plants (CHP) and with new technologies like Carbon Capture and CO2 infrastructure.
Welcome to Bioenergy Finance
You’ll be part of our Bioenergy Investment Analysis team where you, together with your colleagues, will work in a caring and intellectually stimulating environment in a newly established team of 3 experienced analysts and 1 student assistant. As a team, we analyse and drive investment processes from maturation to investment decision. We help the business develop the best financial solutions and communicating complex solutions to our customers.
You’ll play an important role in:
- performing valuations and investment optimisation of your own portfolio of projects, i.e., CHP’s
- developing, maintaining, and operating business cases and valuation models in Excel
- preparing decision material and recommendations for senior management and executives
- contributing with ad hoc financial analyses to the business and participate in cross-functional and corporate development projects
- liaising with the many different stakeholders and help building a bridge between finance and the business.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have an MSc degree in finance, economics, or similar
- are newly graduated or have some experience from an equivalent position in a large company where you’ve performed valuations and financial analyses, and managed complex processes
- are interested in the energy sector and working with discounted cash flow valuation, risk modelling, and impact on accounts
- have a basic understanding of market drivers, regulatory regimes, and accounting standards, while experience with business case modelling of combined heat and power plant is a plus
- are acquainted with complex Excel modelling
- have both empathy and a drive that enable you to impact the business and create good relationships across the organisation.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here, you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 4 June 2023. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Frederik Juhl Thomsen, Head of Bioenergy Investment Analysis, on (Denmark +45) 99555979 if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments or accommodations to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.