Operations and technicians
Senior Asset Management Readiness Specialist within P2X
Imagine a future where you play a key part in preparing our future Power-to-X plants for effective technical and commercial asset management
Join us in this role where you’ll be responsible for ensuring that our Power-to-X assets are designed, developed, and built to be effectively managed when entering operation. The role requires strong commercial and technical skills to ensure value-creating agreements and technical processes and systems are in place to ensure the assets are positioned to achieve high levels of financial and technical performance backed by efficient control, monitoring, data exchange and analysis processes. As our first power-to-X projects enter operations, the role provides the opportunity to continue with the assets in operation.
Welcome to Ørsted P2X
You’ll be part of the P2X Asset Management & Operations team where you, together with your colleagues, will be responsible for delivering the Asset Management Readiness scope in Power-to-X projects during the late-stage project development and execution phases. Our P2X unit is taking a leading role in the industry by pursuing a significant number of projects within the production of renewable hydrogen and e-fuels using electricity from renewables. Together with your colleagues, you’ll lay the foundation for effective asset management for our growing portfolio of operational P2X assets. As a team, we are maturing Ørsted’s portfolio of P2X projects, with an eye towards the operations scope, with the first project, H2RES, being commissioned now and the FlagshipONE project under construction. The colleagues in P2X Asset Management & Operations rely on one another to set the direction for the team, which is still small but emerging. We have an open culture where we aspire to make an impact, learn, and thrive with our work and each other.
You’ll play an important role in:
- developing and delivering the appropriate asset management setup for projects you are part of, particularly the FlagshipONE project in Sweden, with the potential for you to become the future asset manager
- planning and leading the Asset Management Readiness scopes for projects in close cooperation with Operations Readiness, ensuring deliverables have been completed prior to asset handover
- ensuring the right data strategy and systems architecture are in place for effective monitoring and control of assets
- supporting and driving delivery of select commercial and technical agreements, e.g., trading and dispatch, performance guarantees, etc., ensuring assets can achieve high performance when in operation
- mobilising the future asset management resources for the FlagshipONE project – either with direct participation from yourself or by hiring of others.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a relevant master’s degree or similar, e.g., in business or engineering
- have a good understanding of agreements, systems, and processes required for assets in operation, incl. day-to-day operations activities, QHSE management, production scheduling, and optimisation
- have professional experience with asset management, ideally from a process industry or renewable energy environment, incl. contract management
- have a strong commercial mindset and skills within project management, negotiation, and stakeholder management across several disciplines
- display good understanding of what is required to optimise the financial performance, such as production cost, EBITDA, and NPV, of a process plant in operation
- have a “can-do” mindset, ensuring you thrive in an industry still at an early stage, driven by entrepreneurial spirit, and where established procedures and practices are seldom available before you take lead in developing them.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing, green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 5 June 2023.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Michael Paludan-Muller Nylykke, Senior Lead Asset Manager, on (Denmark +45) 99558412, if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments or accommodations to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process, we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that you’re expected to do some travelling in relation to your work, as you’ll be travel to Northern Sweden in connection with the FlagshipONE project work, and to Denmark in connection with management and team meetings as required.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.