Finance and controlling
Imagine a future where you manage the period-end close process on our SAP platforms and implement new solutions for financial close processes
Join us in this role where you’ll be responsible for maintaining and operating finance processes on our SAP platforms and developing new digital solutions. You’ll support the automation of finance processes, controls, and disclosures. Our challenge is to transform the financial close processes to fit the global reality with multiple time zones and move towards a more digitalised reality, creating the most efficient and transparent period end close.
Welcome to Financial Accounting & Controlling R2R
You’ll be part of the sub team Global Solutions & Maturation where you, together with your colleagues, will be responsible for driving the implementation of global streamlined processes within our Record to Report (R2R) area. The R2R covers month-end close, month-end reporting, financial controlling, and statutory accounts. You’ll work in an ambitious and bright team and service a department with approx. 60 colleagues. As a team, we work as one team where we lift together and embrace learning opportunities working in the field between Finance and IT creating a stronger foundation for best-in-class period end close.
You’ll play an important role in:
- providing timely and top-quality period-end close that provides the foundation for colleagues to perform their month close tasks
- operating the Ørsted Group’s month-end closing processes in SAP in an efficient manner by preparing and communicating a detailed close schedule, making sure to create transparency for stakeholders
- developing the system processes to handle an expanding business and support a growing international setup
- driving best practice for improving the financial month close by hosting and participating in close improvement team meetings where you conduct pre-close and post-close sessions.
- initiating and driving system implementations, e.g., SAP S/4 Hana, and improving initiatives for the financial close process.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have experience with operating and executing the financial close process in SAP ECC, with a proven track record of implementing improvement initiatives and optimising the financial close process
- have the ability to communicate technical issues, plans, and solutions from both a business perspective and a technical perspective, providing pros and cons for recommended solutions
- have a relevant degree, e.g., a master’s degree or ACA in finance and experience from within the financial close process from an international group, or from a consultancy firm
- have experience with SAP transformation and with analysing, designing, and implementing system changes – potentially S/4 Hana implementation.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here, you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 11 June 2023. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Allan Madsen, Director, Maturation, on (Denmark +45) 99559375, if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments or accommodations to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process, we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.