IT and digital
Head of IT Competence Centre in Software Engineering
Imagine a future where you’re a people leader and help your colleagues in developing and growing their talents in a full-blown agile organisation
Join us in this role where you’ll build a thriving competence team of 25-30 employees focused on fulfilling requests from Agile Release Trains (ARTs) and other delivery teams within Ørsted IT. You’ll be ensuring that your colleagues continuously enhance their professional growth and career path enabling them to provide the best support and that our IT organisation has the capabilities needed to support the company.
Welcome to DK Competency Centre
You’ll be part of People Leadership team where you, together with your colleagues, will attract, develop, and retain talents within software engineering. Your team will consist of 16 Competency Centre leaders and you’ll report to the Head of Competency Centre in IT in DK. Your employees will be allocated to agile delivery organisations, and you’ll be ensuring efficient and smooth resource allocation. As a team, we are focused on our people, which is what links us. We respect and support each other, have a high level of trust, and focus on the development of our employees.
You’ll play an important role in:
- developing competence strategies and requirements for qualifications and competences
- ensuring relevant and up-to-date people development in close collaboration with your employees and colleagues in the matrix organisation
- driving and ensuring job satisfaction and supporting an optimal working environment in collaboration with delivery teams
- ongoing dialogues and evaluation of the employees
- running annual people processes
- driving improvement initiatives in collaboration with the People Leadership Centre of Excellence.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have excellent people management skills and experience leading highly specialised employees within IT
- have experience with people development of self-managing individuals with a great respect for the individual
- have experience with attracting and developing technical professionals
- have experience with people leadership in an agile setting and in leading in a matrix organisation
- are a remarkable networker and relationship-builder.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here, you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 11 June 2023. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Eva Bruun Stroebek, Head of Danish Competency Leaders for IT, on (Denmark +45) 99558219, if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments or accommodations to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.