Engineering and construction
OT Infrastructure Engineer
Imagine a future where you work on a large physical communication infrastructure, ensuring reliable connectivity in our international wind farm portfolio
Join us in this role where you’ll use your engineering expertise to design and oversee the development of optical and copper cabling for all data, voice, and radio communication in our wind farms. You’ll allocate optical fibres in export cables between onshore and offshore substations and in array cables between the wind turbines. Additionally, you’ll control communication panels’ design, their interconnections, and patching infrastructure.
Welcome to OT Communication Systems You’ll be part of OT Infrastructure where you, together with your colleagues, will participate in establishing communication between different parts of the wind farm locations. You’ll join a department of 10 colleagues spread around the world and you’ll collaborate with the project team working in an international and dynamic setup, with the opportunity to travel to supplier and installation sites. You’ll be the glue that connects our systems, all the way from the wind turbines to the land-based IT infrastructure. As a team, we put high focus on collaboration and friendly surroundings where all opinions are welcome. We grow both individually and within the department.
You’ll play an important role in:
· being responsible for the design of our communication cable infrastructure
· handling cable lists and drawings for fibre-optic and Ethernet cables using dedicated software tools, e.g., ePLAN
· following a contract with a panel supplier and ensuring high quality of deliveries
· participating in onsite visits and acceptance testing to ensure high-quality installations and cable termination
· administering our tender requirements and best practices.
To succeed in the role, you:
· are an expert in fibre-optic and Ethernet installations with knowledge of electrical design
· are passionate about fibre-optic, Ethernet, and coaxial cables, as well as LV power
· have a proactive and systematic approach to your work tasks
· thrive in an office and site environment and have strong experience with electrical and communication systems design software.
Maybe you’ve read the above and can see you have some transferable skills, even though they don’t quite match all the points. If you think you can bring something to the team, we still encourage you to apply.
Join a global leader in renewable energy Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here, you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us Send your application to us no later than 23 October 2023. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations MY, Senior Talent Acquisition Partner, on talentacquisitionMY@orsted.com, if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments or accommodations to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that you’re expected to do some travelling in relation to your work. You might participate in project meetings, tests, and inspections at sites in Europe, Asia, and North America
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.