Engineering and construction
OT Network Engineer
Imagine a future where you design and secure reliable communication in our offshore wind farms worldwide
Join us in this role where you’ll be involved in all engineering phases of establishing data and voice communication for our offshore wind farms. You’ll spend around 70% of your time on meetings, travelling, and emails, leaving around 30 % of your time to utilise your network skills.
Welcome to OT Communication Systems You’ll be part of OT Network where you, together with your colleagues, will be responsible for designing all parts of the wind farm network, ranging from the physical layout, over layer 2, and layer 3, to security and wireless. The job is very project-oriented and aimed at large-scale construction projects, and you’ll be participating in team collaborations across borders with people who’ve completely different skill sets than you. As a team, we constantly look for synergies between different projects, support each other, and exchange experiences to deliver coherent quality and optimised solutions.
You’ll play an important role in:
· designing and implementing the IP backbone for offshore wind farms
· participating in design review and commissioning of networks of our suppliers
· conducting FAT, SAT, and SIT
· creating all necessary documentation.
To succeed in the role, you:
· hold a CCNP Certification or are at an equivalent level
· are familiar with the routing protocols, like BGP, and its use in EVPN-VXLAN
· have a good understanding of wireless and firewalls, mainly Cisco and Palo Alto
· have an interest in Python scripting and network orchestration and automation.
Maybe you’ve read the above and can see you have some transferable skills, even though they don’t quite match all the points. If you think you can bring something to the team, we still encourage you to apply.
Join a global leader in renewable energy Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here, you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us Send your application to us no later than 23 October 2023. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations MY, Senior Talent Acquisition Partner, on talentacquisitionMY@orsted.com, if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments or accommodations to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that you’re expected to do some travelling in relation to your work. You might travel to the project meetings, participate in tests and inspections at sites in Europe, Asia, and North America.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.