Engineering & Science – Wind Power
BoP (Balance of Plant) Technician
Imagine a future where you become part of a team ensuring the highest safety standards and performance excellence on our offshore wind farms
Join us in this role where you’ll be responsible for maintaining, repairing, and inspecting components at jacket foundations and offshore substations, etc. You’ll make a positive contribution to our safety culture and work with our engineering specialists to enhance our wind farm performance.
Welcome to Changhua 1 & 2a
You’ll be part of Global Operations where you’ll report to the Operations Manager, be trained by professionals in the industry, be exposed to the latest technologies within offshore wind, and experience a unique workplace and lifestyle. During the EPC construction phase, you’ll be required to work out of our Taichung office, and once the wind farm/WTGs become operational, you’ll be expected to live and work on an SOV out of the Taichung port.
You’ll play an important role in:
- working with the highest regard for safety and driving a positive safety culture with your actions
- operating, maintaining, inspecting, and repairing onshore and offshore wind farm assets such as the top-side crane of OSS, Davit cranes on WTG TP, etc.
- loading and unloading cargo on CTVs (crew transfer vessels) and SOVs (service operation vessels).
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a mechanical/electrical educational background or a relevant industry background
- are able to speak and write English/Mandarin fluently (TOEIC 250+ is an advantage)
- demonstrate good reading and listening skills (TOEIC 600+ is an advantage)
- are a team player and have the ability to develop good relationships with your colleagues and external business partners
- are willing to live and work in shift patterns on an SOV
- have experience with service, repair, and maintenance of mechanical machinery.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than August 31, 2020. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact the Recruitment Specialist by email on email@example.com if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.
Please note that you’re expected to do some traveling domestically and internationally for training purposes to build up an understanding of the O&M business, scope of work, and, most importantly, a safe, efficient, and quality work culture and practices.