Engineering & Science – Wind Power
Head of Procurement, APAC
Imagine a future where you’re responsible for leading the APAC Procurement team and further developing the APAC supply chain in the Asia-Pacific region
Join us in this role where you’ll ensure the success of our offshore wind projects and while your team delivers in compliance with the Group’s procurement procedures.
Welcome to Procurement, APAC
You’ll manage a multi-member team and report to both the Head of Commercial APAC and the Vice President for Procurement and Procurement Excellence based in Denmark. This position will be based in Taipei, Taiwan, after an onboarding session in Gentofte, Denmark.
You’ll play an important role in:
- leading and developing our APAC Procurement team as our project portfolio grows as well as ensuring high quality service within the three main procurement competence areas: Category Management (SC Devl.), Sourcing, and Contract Management
- providing supply chain strategies and plans and other supplier-oriented content to support market and project development
- driving local content agenda for bids, which is instrumental for winning bids and has a significant project impact
- driving supply chain strategy for new market development
- identifying and developing new supplier relations and maintaining relations with existing suppliers
- communicating and collaborating with departments such as Category Management, Sourcing, Procurement, and Product Line as well as internal stakeholders.
To succeed in this role, you’ll have:
- a technical bachelor’s or master’s degree combined with procurement and supply chain experience or a commercial bachelor’s or master’s degree combined with technical procurement or project management experience
- excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing, as well as excellent negotiation skills
- leadership skills and the ability to motivate, set a direction, and build relationships at all levels of the organisation
- the ability to speak English fluently – another (Asian) language is a plus
- strong business acumen and an understanding of the supply chain needs of the company, technically and commercially
- experience within management, either as a category manager, project manager, or people manager.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 31 August 2020. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
For Taiwan, please don’t hesitate to contact the Recruitment Specialist by email on email@example.com if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.
Please note that you’re expected to do some travelling, both domestically and internationally, in relation to your work.