Public affairs, regulatory and legal
Marine Affairs Officer
Imagine a future where you’ll be building a greener and sustainable future for Taiwan
Join us in this role where you’ll where you’ll be responsible for our marine affairs, analyzing and participating development of the related events. You’ll engage actively in dialogue with external stakeholders from local fishery associations, marine affairs authorities, and related NGOs.
Welcome to Taiwan Country Management
You’ll be part of Governmental and Regulatory Affairs where you, together with your colleagues will cooperate with internal stakeholders to monitor and respond to risks to ensure that our projects are aligned with local communities’ and environmental interests.
You’ll play an important role in:
- acting as a fisheries liaison, our company representative in the fishermen communities in central Taiwan
- defining the marine affairs scope of work, deliverables, goal, and purpose in close cooperation with the project
- identifying and managing fisheries related stakeholders, including fishermen’s associations, commercial fishermen, relevant fishery authorities, and research institutions across the country
- acting as the primary contact to the relevant governmental agencies such as Fishery Agency, amongst others, and taking the lead on or participating in related regulatory affairs
- identifying and establishing connections with Taiwanese environmental and marine ecological NGOs and develop engagement actions.
To succeed in the role, you’ll:
- have a bachelor’s degree in marine science, environmental science, fisheries science, social science, or other relevant fields
- have experience working within the fields of fisheries, marine affairs, public, and policy affairs
- have an established network of contacts within fisheries in Central Taiwan, preferably are from local fishermen communities
- have an analytical mind with problem-solving skills, excellent organizational, and multi-tasking abilities, and have relationship-building experience
- be fluent in Mandarin, Taiwanese, and English, enabling you to communicate effortlessly with your external and internal stakeholders.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 18 December 2020. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your
application via our online career pages.
Please note that you’re expected to do some travelling in relation to your work, as you’ll travel mostly within Central Taiwan area and participate in meetings in Taipei.