Engineering and construction
Project Development Manager
Imagine a future where you’re responsible for leading one of our offshore wind farm development projects.
Join us in this role where you’ll run asset projects across our development portfolio in Asia Pacific. You’ll lead a team consisting of people with different professions who collaborate to ensure the auction bid and the development of the project.
Welcome to APAC Project Development & Programmes
You’ll be part of APAC Project Development Management consisting of project development managers and technical project managers. Together with your colleagues, you’ll lead the development of competitive projects for a fossil free world by ensuring the most competitive bids to win auctions and by developing projects solid enough for EPC to build them. You’ll be responsible for ensuring that the permits are in place and for the procurement strategy.
You’ll play an important role in:
- leading the core project management team in bidding and developing our next JP projects
- ensuring an optimal business case while matching the auction criteria
- planning, scoping, and defining the concept of the project while ensuring internal and external alignment
- collaborating with our markets and construction teams
- working with potential partners and key stakeholders to realise key project deliverables and milestones.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a strong regulatory and industry network in Japan
- have extensive experience in developing energy projects either as business developer, market developer, or project developer
- have, as a minimum, a bachelor’s degree within a relevant field, e.g. business, engineering, or other related disciplines, preferably including PMI certification or similar
- have experience in working proactively with stakeholders and in leading teams and complex projects (often at a distance) in a highly competitive industry
- employ a problem solving and results driven approach
- speak and write fluently in both Japanese and English.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 08-02-2021. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations APAC, TAP APAC, on talentacquisitionAP@orsted.com if you’d like to know more about the position.