Engineering and construction
Construction Data Specialist
Imagine a future where you support offshore wind farm construction with data-driven insights on progress and performance to drive down the cost of electricity
Join us in this role where you’ll oversee the entire Construction Data Pipeline from point of capture, through data quality assurance and analyses, to delivery of data-driven insights to relevant stakeholders. Your stakeholders will range from offshore personnel to project directors, and you’ll gain extensive knowledge of how an offshore wind farm is constructed.
Welcome to Offshore Operations & Logistics
You’ll be part of Construction Data & Analytics where you, together with your colleagues, will collect, manage, and analyse data on, e.g., installation activities in our offshore wind farm construction. These data are crucial for our understanding of progress, contractors’ performance, project benchmarking, and for driving optimisation initiatives. In a small and highly skilled team, you support our construction projects during bid and execution, while developing new solutions for how we handle and utilise construction data in the future.
You’ll play an important role in:
- facilitating data capture by defining what to measure in conjunction with the relevant project management as well as ensuring that various sources deliver consistent and high-quality data
- analysing data on demand and developing relevant dashboards to support data-driven contract management in project execution and the bidding process in project development
- engaging with relevant stakeholders to gain understanding of project stakeholders’ operational reality and challenges in order to explore and promote relevant new data-driven insights.
To succeed in the role, you:
- strive to deliver the best possible service to our internal stakeholders and have a proactive and pragmatic approach to the development of new solutions that satisfy multiple needs
- hold a bachelor’s or master’s degree in data science, statistics, engineering, or equivalent
- have solid numeracy, analytical and technical skills, as well as a good understanding of engendering and analysing data
- have a passion for visualising and communicating insights based on data, and you enjoy interacting with stakeholders
- are a highly competent user of business intelligence platforms such as Power BI or Tableau and programming languages such as Python or R.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 31 January 2021. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Philip Wendt, Senior Manager, on +4599554684 if you’d like to know more about the position.