Operations and technicians
Head of Site Operations - Northeast Program
Imagine a future where you’re an integrated part of our transition to green energy by driving operations in our Northeast Program
Welcome to Operations
You’ll be part of North America Offshore Operations where you, together with your colleagues, will be responsible for maintaining multiple offshore wind sites in accordance with our company strategy. You’ll achieve this by maximizing yield and efficiency and maintaining the highest standards of health, safety, environment, and quality. You’ll be based in the Operational Hub building in Port Jefferson, New York, and your role will be based onshore, with occasional offshore visits. However, most of your team will be working far offshore on the wind farm.
You’ll play an important role in:
- developing a strong, positive HSE culture and ensuring constant focus on maintaining and improving standards related to how HSE is managed on sites
- being responsible for planning, directing, and managing the performance of the sites; including responsibility for HSE, Yield, quality, budget, costs, resources, and logistics related to the sites
- being accountable for managing the delivery from the site and hub support functions to effectively and efficiently plan works on site and optimize the use of vessels, tools, spares, and resources
- for sites in warranty, taking execution responsibility for SSA, OMA, and Partnerships, management of suppliers, OEM, and other service agreements related to site
- being accountable and responsible for the development of all staff within your reporting line.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have significant experience in operational management, ideally within an engineering or utilities business
- have experience managing operations and proven experience of financial control, budget preparation coupled with coordinating activities and resources
- have an analytical approach to your work, excellent organizational skills, and an ability to handle numerous tasks simultaneously and calmly without losing perspective
- are able to create excellent results through teamwork and develop good relationships with your colleagues and external business partners
- are a strong team player and embrace diversity and inclusion and speak and write English fluently.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 03/19/2021. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please note that you’re expected to do travelling in relation to your work, as you’ll need to achieve the required training and certification to go offshore. You should also expect some travel to our London and Copenhagen offices and potentially other wind farms.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.