Strategy and business development
Imagine a future where you optimise the commercial aspects of our offshore wind projects
Join us as Commercial Manager within our fast-growing Asia-Pacific region where you’ll be responsible for commercial management of our offshore wind projects in Japan. As Commercial Manager, you’ll refer to our Asia-Pacific Commercial and Project Development departments, responsible for the development of our pipeline opportunities across APAC markets. Your deliverables will cover negotiation and implementation of commercial agreements, managing internal approval processes, business case optimisation, project strategy, and general reporting.
Welcome to Commercial Management
You’ll be part of Commercial Management where you, together with your colleagues, will be responsible for the commercial management of early-stage offshore wind projects.
You’ll play an important role in:
- supporting the negotiation of commercial agreements, including grid connection agreements, cooperation agreements, and other agreements such as those needed to secure necessary permitting approvals
- together with our Land & Property team and lawyers, supporting the management of tender submissions for substation land, cable routes, port property, and other lease agreements required
- supporting the management of the project business case and driving the identification and quantification of strategic business case levers
- interfacing with key internal stakeholders to ensure alignment on topics such as local tax regulation, company/project structuring, and funding requirements
- helping to prepare steering committee and project gate materials required for internal approvals
- managing key interfaces with JV partners and leading shared commercial and financial workstreams.
To succeed in the role, you:
- can demonstrate exceptional analytical skills and an understanding of project management
- are independent and able to manage multiple commercial strategies and workstreams
- are able to build and mature strong relationships with both internal and external parties
- can drive negotiations with key stakeholders
- are familiar with project governance and compliance processes
- are fluent in Japanese and English.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than . We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
You’ll be based out of our office in Tokyo, Japan. However, you should expect some travelling in relation to your work both domestically and occasionally to other parts of the Asia-Pacific region and to our offices in Europe when conditions allow.