Strategy and business development
Senior IPR Specialist(m/f/d)
Imagine a future where you secure the intellectual value in our business by developing, constructing, and operating offshore wind power assets world-wide.
Join us in this role where you’ll be responsible for driving the IPR process across a global and complex organisation to create value for our business through patents, trade secrets, or sharing IP. Due to the nature of our offshore wind power business as a technology integrator the variety of IPR tasks is very broad and your focus will be to understand the business context, ensure to adapt the IPR approach to the needs of the business, and ensure excellent collaboration across functions.
Welcome to Research & Development
You’ll be part of R&D Core where you, together with your 15 colleagues, will be working both the R&D Programme as well as other innovation areas. In R&D, we ensure development of new knowledge, technologies, and systems for the main elements of an offshore wind power plant and supporting additional technologies as power-2-x and energy storage. The R&D projects are often carried out in cooperation with other offshore wind power developers, universities, and research institutions.
You’ll play an important role in:
- being responsible for identifying inventions
- leading specific IPR teams to determine right protection strategy and potentially leading external patent agents to prepare patent applications
- managing part of the patent application portfolio
- developing internal training and awareness material, and conducting training courses on IPR strategy and implementation of relevant processes
- participating in negotiating license agreements with external patent holders.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a completed degree in engineering or law
- have experience with similar IPR function in a private company preferably in Europe
- have a proactive and systematic approach to your work tasks
- have a background as patent attorney is preferred or ambitions of becoming it
- thrive in an international environment, and are able to create good relationships with your stakeholders.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 30 April 2021. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
For Denmark and the UK, please don’t hesitate to contact Christina Aabo, Director, on +4599557561 if you’d like to know more about the position.
For Germany, please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations DE on email@example.com if you’d like to know more about the position.
For the UK, please contact talentacquisitionUK@orsted.co.uk if you’d like to request any flexibility or reasonable adjustments to perform in this role or for the application and assessment process.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.