Public affairs, regulatory and legal
Senior Legal Counsel
Imagine a future where you support our growing US offshore wind business by tackling a broad range of legal issues of strategic significance
Join us in this role where you’ll be at the forefront of a new industry in the US while simultaneously being part the world’s largest offshore wind developer’s global legal department. You’ll be responsible for drafting and negotiating sourcing and service contracts for our offshore wind farms around the world but with a focus on the US.
Welcome to Legal Department
Join us and become Senior Legal Counsel in the Legal EPC & Operations. You’ll be part of an international and specialised team of nine other legal counsels that provide legal advice on all sourcing contracts for our offshore wind farms both when entering and during the execution of the contracts.
You’ll play an important role in:
- drafting and negotiating sourcing and service contracts related to our offshore wind farms
- developing and continuously improving our standard contracts
- providing legal advice on claims relating to sourcing contracts
- engaging external legal advisors when appropriate and monitoring, controlling, and coordinating their work
- building and maintaining a close working relationship with internal and external stakeholders.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a J.D. from an accredited law school
- are admitted in good standing to at least one state bar
- have experience as a practicing attorney, preferably with major law firm experience
- preferably have experience from the offshore wind industry, infrastructure industry or with construction law
- are service oriented-, resilient, and a trustworthy team player
- possess good written and oral communication skills
- have the ability to work independently and quickly on a broad range of issues
- construction or infrastructure-related experience is a plus.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 04/21/2021. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please note that you’re expected to do some travelling in relation to your work, as you’ll have occasional travels primarily along the East Coast of US.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.