Operations and technicians
Technical Site Supervisor
Imagine a future where you’ll help drive the global energy transformation through world-class operational activities across our regional offshore operating portfolio
Join us in this role where you’ll be part of a team of senior wind turbine specialists and authorising engineers delivering technical support for our regional operating sites, while ensuring global best practice through collaboration with our global support functions. You’ll join the UK West Technical Site Support team, report to a team lead, and work together with your fellow technical support team members and site teams to deliver the strategic objectives of the region.
Welcome to UK West Technical Site Support
You’ll be part of the UK West Regional Support group where you, together with your colleagues, will safely drive down our wind turbine production losses using structured problem-solving techniques. You’ll manage specific technical risks and implement strategies to reduce to ALARP as well as sharing your technical knowledge across the regional organisation. In return for your expertise, enthusiasm, and highly collaborative personality, we’ll provide you with a committed team that’ll support you in delivering world-class operations in an environment where everyone can thrive.
You’ll play an important role in:
- driving our HSE and continuous improvement cultures
- bringing innovative solutions to complex technical and operational challenges
- multi-skilling technical and non-technical staff across the regional business
- independently managing an increasingly complex and diverse set of wind farms.
To succeed in the role, you:
- are passionate about safety and proactively intervene to make our workplaces hazard free
- have extensive experience and knowledge of the Vestas 8 MW V164 turbine (preferred) and/or the Siemens Gamesa 7 MW DD turbine
- have a curious mindset and an innovative approach to problem-solving
- have a positive, collaborative, and proactive bias to working with multidisciplinary teams across the globe
- have extensive engineering experience and a demonstrated history of mentoring and coaching others.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 16 April 2021. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations UK, , on talentacquisitionUK@orsted.co.uk if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.