Engineering and construction
Senior Cable Specialist
Imagine a future where you play a key role in designing and optimising the HV cable connections across all our offshore wind farms
Join us in this role where you’ll evaluate the technical quality and compliance of 33-400 kV offshore and onshore cable connections and perform calculations within mechanical loads, fatigue, ampacity, induced voltages, etc. You’ll have a wide range of technical responsibilities within a rapidly developing and globally expanding industry. You’ll assist both projects in development, in execution, and in operation while supporting your life-long technical and personal development.
Welcome to High Voltage Cable Specialist
You’ll be part of the HV Cable Specialist department where you, together with your colleagues, will contribute to all projects with specialist knowledge on array and export cable technology, including both mechanical and electrical analyses. You can be part of all our projects, and we offer an opportunity to work with industry leaders within cable technology, optimisation, and simulations of cable design. We’re looking for two engineers with mechanical or electrical competences who have experience with, e.g., cables, pipelines, umbilicals, cable protection systems, or similar.
You’ll play an important role in:
- developing, performing, and supervising thermal and electrical calculations in accordance with best practices and supporting on cable-related topics for projects in development, execution, and operation
- developing, performing, and supervising mechanical calculations in accordance with best practices and supporting on hang-offs, J-Tubes, cable protection systems, and other mechanical topics for projects
- ensuring the technical quality across different projects by analysing non-conformities and creating lessons learnt in the organisation
- assisting our existing wind farms in securing high availability on all assets.
To succeed in the role, you:
- hold a PhD or master’s degree in electrical engineering or mechanical engineering with experience in cables, pipelines, umbilicals, cable protection systems, or similar
- have a proactive and systematic approach to the technical tasks across the department
- have the ability to speak and write English fluently
- have the ability to thrive in an international environment and to create good relationships with your stakeholders
- have an independent mindset, enabling you to contribute to challenges in a complex matrix organisation – knowledge of HV cables or experience working with HV cables in a former employment is an advantage.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 18 April 2021. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Rasmus Aabye Olsen, Manager, on +4561244380 if you’d like to know more about the position.
For the UK, please contact talentacquisitionUK@orsted.co.uk if you’d like to request any flexibility or reasonable adjustments to perform in this role or for the application and assessment process.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.