Strategy and business development
Deputy Bid Development Director
Imagine a future where you win renewable energy projects that’ll bring thousands of new jobs, billions of dollars of new investment, and will power entire cities with clean energy
Join us in this role where you’ll become a Deputy Bid Development Director (‘DBDD’) within our North America Offshore Wind Growth team and support our bid development directors in leading large cross-functional bid teams in competitive multi-billion-dollar state-run power offtake solicitations across North America.
Welcome to North America Project Development & Growth
You’ll be part of the Growth team where you, together with your colleagues, will be responsible for keeping our company ahead of the competition and securing an exciting future pipeline of business opportunities across the Americas. Reporting to the Head of Growth, you’ll play a key role in developing and maturing competitive bids for new multi-billion-dollar power offtake contracts – a critical project-development milestone – by supporting our bid development directors (the most senior project managers on our bids) in leading cross-continental and cross-functional bid teams. In this role, you’ll have a unique opportunity to interact with all parts of our world-leading offshore wind business as well as honing the skills and building the experience you need to grow into a bid director role.
You’ll play an important role in:
- supporting bid development directors in developing, building support for, and then executing bid strategies which focus on customers’ current and future needs and that differentiate us from competitors
- coordinating large international and matrixed bid teams in the timely development and submission of competitive bids into state-run solicitations (offshore wind and adjacencies, i.e. transmission, storage)
- taking a leading role in shaping the message and the bid documents submitted to the customers
- ensuring that high-quality project deliverables (business case, project schedule, risk register, project program, etc.) are matured on time and with the appropriate internal approvals
- supporting bid development directors in obtaining investment mandates by presenting/preparing materials for the organization’s executive decision-making bodies and engaging with external parties
- building strong and productive relationships with internal stakeholders, JV partners, and third parties, maturing the project (technical and commercially) and delivering compelling customer solutions.
To succeed in the role, you:
- are a strategic thinker with an implementation mindset, commercial skill set, and project/program management experience
- have strong financial acumen and experience with large investment decisions
- have a sound understanding of technical concepts influencing power projects and the ability to quickly understand complex concepts and how they might influence the project
- have excellent all-round communication, writing, presentation, and influencing skills and a strong ability to drive consensus and gain buy-in
- have a proven ability to coordinate/lead complex, confidential, and high-impact projects within a time-sensitive environment
- have 6-8 years of experience working within energy, infrastructure, or power markets.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than April 12, 2021. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations US, Recruiting Specialist, on talentacquisitionUS@orsted.com if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please note that you’re expected to do some traveling in relation to your work, as you’ll be based in our US office in Boston, MA, with regular travel required to our other office locations both in the US (including our New York City office) and abroad.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.