Engineering and construction
Imagine a future where you’re designing and creating secure and reliable voice and data communications for international offshore wind farms
Join us in this role where your initial primary task will be to define the contractual call-off documents for the telecommunication system for an offshore windfarm to be constructed in the US. After the call-off, which you’ll also be a part of, your main task will be to ensure that the defined telecommunication system is delivered in accordance with the contract, which includes verification of equipment, installation, and documentation.
Welcome to SCADA Radio
Together with your colleagues, you’ll offer specialist support throughout the various phases of a project from beginning to end. The department is involved in the different phases from Product Line, where we’re assisting in contractual work, but also developing new ideas and concepts, through Asset Projects, where we see our designed systems come to life before handing everything over to Operations. In addition, we’re involved in the investigation of new markets, supply chains, and general system development.
You’ll play an important role in:
- creating conceptual designs of radio communication systems for offshore wind farms in Europe, the US, and the APAC region
- preparing technical design documentation, including alignment of interfaces with other internal scopes and third parties
- ensuring technical specifications are fit for contractual and sourcing purposes
- participating in contract negotiations with our procurement team
- ensuring the requested systems are delivered in accordance with the contract and in the required quality.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have hands-on experience with some or all of the following technologies: TETRA, VHF FM, and AM, Microwave Link, AIS, ADS-B, and LTE
- have a strong foundation in the technical area of RF-based communication
- have experience with technical project management, working with contract documents, technical standards and conceptualising radio set-ups
- speak and write English fluently
- are proficient in the use of the MS Office suite as this will be your primary tool for the job.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 23 May 2021. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Michael Trankjær Mikkelsen, Manager, on +4599558932 if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please note that you’re expected to do some travelling in relation to your work.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.