IT and digital
Trading Data Specialist (m/f/d)
Imagine a future where you’re a key player in extracting value from large amounts of energy market data for one of the world’s leading renewable energy developers
Join us in this role where you’ll contribute to broadening access to market and trading data, developing cloud-based data applications, tools, and pipelines. You’ll be supporting a team of data scientists and developers as well as a broad set of stakeholders and acting as the bridge between the team and the IT organisation.
Welcome to Power Portfolio
You’ll be part of Short-Term Trading Optimisation (STTO) where you, together with your colleagues, deliver high-quality analytical solutions to support decision-making in short-term trading. In Power Portfolio, we’re the route to market for the energy produced or consumed by our customers’ assets. We have a 24/7 trading setup responsible for maximising revenue for internal and external counterparts. STTO is the analytical engine of Power Portfolio, and we work on several products, including prediction models, trading strategies, and performance-tracking tools. We’re a young and international team which currently counts six different nationalities and a good gender balance.
You’ll play an important role in:
- building data pipelines feeding market and trading data into our cloud data warehouse
- working with relational databases and optimising SQL queries extracting a variety of structured data
- conceptualising and developing an easy way for colleagues – both with and without programming skills – to gain access to the data, with focus on governance
- developing our Python codebase and custom packages for data extraction and manipulation.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have completed a degree (or higher academic qualifications) in computer science, mathematics, physics, or a similar quantitative discipline
- have experience with, or a strong inclination towards learning about, at least a few of the following data technologies: SQL, noSQL, Azure Synapse, Snowflake, Apache Kafka, Apache NiFi
- have good Python programming experience, especially in data manipulation packages such as Pandas and NumPy
- ideally, have experience deploying production grade code and collaborating on it with Git for version control
- are a team player and thrive in an informal, international environment where GIFs are the main language for jokes.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 21/06/2021. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Edoardo Simioni, Head of Short Term Trading Optimization, on +4599556455 if you’d like to know more about the position.
For Germany, please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations DE on email@example.com if you’d like to know more about the position.
For the UK, please contact talentacquisitionUK@orsted.co.uk if you’d like to request any flexibility or reasonable adjustments to perform in this role or for the application and assessment process.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.