Engineering and construction
Wind Farm Commissioning Project Manager
Join us in this role where you’ll be responsible for the overall coordination, management, and execution of offshore and onshore high-voltage electrical commissioning activities at our wind farm construction sites.
Welcome to Wind Farm Commissioning Project Management
You’ll be part of the construction team where you, together with your colleagues, will deliver competent managers for offshore wind farm installation projects. Our managers are responsible for planning, execution, and daily coordination during the entire commissioning phase of our wind farm projects. For this role, your home base location will be Providence, Rhode Island. During execution of the projects, you should expect field work locations onshore and offshore. On site, you’ll be part of a team of highly skilled managers and will report directly to the construction package manager.
You’ll play an important role in:
- preparing, planning, coordinating, and executing the electrical commissioning of the overall wind farm assets, including system readiness tests and verification of wind farm performance
- managing and allocating tasks to electrical engineers/technicians, predominantly qualified authorized persons
- ensuring strong time stakeholder management and agreements to coordinate and secure commissioning activities within HSE, QA/QC, projects and contractors, transmission system owners, and O&M
- ensuring optimal planning, cooperation, and operation of wind farm capacity, performance, and reliability during the commissioning period until transfer to O&M
- participating in the development and optimization commissioning of wind farms
- implementing lessons learned vis-à-vis the department and the line EPC organization.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a relevant technical education, for example a bachelor’s degree in electrical and/or mechanical engineering or equivalent
- have experience in managing and ensuring NERC O&P compliance and execution
- have a strong personal drive and thrive when working in a project management role where you coordinate complex commissioning activities and manage the associated tasks in a professional manner
- ideally, have previously worked as senior commissioning manager and have extensive commissioning field experience of minimum 15 years
- possess leadership and management skills for impactful communication with teams and stakeholders, development of your team, and influencing project performance
- have strong commissioning project management experience from large-scale projects such as offshore wind farms, thermal power generation plants, oil and gas, or similar industries.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 08/06/2021. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations US, , on talentacquisitionUS@orsted.com if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.