Engineering and construction
Senior Manager for substation project execution projects
Imagine a future where you’re responsible for managing and developing the leaders for the execution of all our wind farms’ substations globally
Join us in this role where you’ll become head of execution in Substations Project Management and be functionally responsible for the recruitment and development of a team of up to 15 permanent or consultant substations project managers who’re responsible for the global delivery of the substations (onshore and offshore) work scope.
Welcome to Substations Project Management
You’ll be part of Project Execution where you’ll refer to the head of Project Management and cooperate with the head of Substations Project Development and the substations project management specialist, making certain that the project management function retains the capability to successfully develop and execute the substations scope of our offshore wind farms and deliver against the company’s strategic goal of delivering 3 GW of generation per annum.
You’ll play an important role in:
- planning, recruiting, and functionally managing staff and external consultants for our global pool of substation project managers on a daily basis
- developing staff members’ personal and professional competences and undertaking yearly performance and salary reviews
- planning and executing the quality assurance of the department’s deliverables
- maintaining and developing concepts, tools, and processes and consolidating and implementing lessons learnt
- ensuring continuous development and improvement of the department’s performance
- leading and coordinating with other managers on company-wide strategic objectives to enable new market expansion, while reducing cost and enhancing safety in our operations.
To succeed in the role, you:
- are motivated through providing functional leadership to a team of high-performing project managers in a global and virtual/remote setup
- have a good understanding of the construction of substations or complex multidisciplinary infrastructure construction scopes
- have strong experience as a project manager on large multidisciplinary infrastructure projects valued in excess of €100.000.000
- have absolute integrity and operate in a fully transparent manner
- have excellent communication and influencing skills and are capable of developing effective networks within a company and across the industry
- are resilient, innovative, and capable of developing solutions to problems.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 8 November 2021. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Andrea Cardellino, Director, on +4599556143 if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please note that you’re expected to do some travelling in relation to your work, as you’ll be managing a global team with responsibilities also over our fabrication/construction site offices. As the organisation is expanding globally, some of our activities will be outside Europe, and you should therefore also expect travelling outside Europe. However, we pride ourselves on having a strong family and life-friendly ethos and approach to our ways of working. As part of our commitment to a more diverse and inclusive workforce we’re flexible on making reasonable adjustments to working practices, within the constraints of the role’s principal accountabilities.
For the UK, please contact talentacquisitionUK@orsted.co.uk if you’d like to request any flexibility or reasonable adjustments to perform in this role or for the application and assessment process.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.