Strategy and business development
Vice president, new market development
Imagine a future where you’re leading a team focused on expanding our capabilities into new markets and frontier technologies like green hydrogen and energy storage
Join us in this role where you’ll be responsible for crafting and executing the strategy for expansion into new markets and new energy technology offerings and hybrid-structured products, including green hydrogen and energy storage.
Welcome to the Commercial team
You’ll be part of New Market Development where you, together with your colleagues, will be the vanguard of the Onshore business unit as it substantially grows its utility-scale solar and onshore wind engine and expands into new markets, new technologies, and new commercial products.
You’ll play an important role in:
- leading the internal team in the identification and evaluation of new business and/or market entry opportunities, with focus on advancing efforts related to US hydrogen, storage, and potential APAC expansion
- leading deal teams in formulating strategy and origination, structuring, and execution of relevant M&A and/or partnership transactions
- serving as subject matter expert on new market opportunities, working in close collaboration with relevant internal stakeholders to leverage internal capabilities in pursuit of expansion opportunities
- overseeing Onshore’s participation on innovation boards as well as our venture portfolio
- driving the preparation of high-quality materials with respect to acquisition and/or partnership opportunities in support of the Onshore ExComm, Investment Committee, and Board of Directors approval process
- developing, attracting, and retaining a high-performing, results-oriented team focused on delivering value to Onshore through the identification of value-creating acquisition opportunities.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have 10+ years’ experience in M&A roles within the renewable energy industry with a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in finance, economics, or engineering
- have a demonstrated ability and track record of identifying value-creating acquisitions and/or utilizing innovative structures to capture economic value
- have a strong understanding of energy market fundamentals, power project structuring, tax equity, and joint venture arrangements
- build strong relationships with project developers, financing parties, and/or investors in the renewable energy industry, with a track record of leveraging those relationships to drive new business opportunities
- have the ability to distil large quantities of complex data and information into a vision for actionable, value-creating business opportunities
- are able to manage multiple transactions and drive high-level cross-functional team performance in highly deadline-driven environments.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 2021-12-13. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations US, Talent Acquisition Operations US, on talentacquisitionUS@orsted.com if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please note that you’re expected to do some travelling in relation to your work.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.