Engineering and construction
Cable Operational Excellence Engineer
Imagine a future where you’ll play a key role in ensuring the operational excellence of our cable systems across our global portfolio
Join us in this role where you’ll act as the link between our Engineering and Operation organisations, and you’ll be responsible for transferring lessons learnt from our operations department to our future projects in the pipeline. With its goal to establish the Orsted brand in a global market, your role will play a fundamental part in lowering cable systems failure rates and ensuring a strong replacement strategy.
Welcome to HV Cables
You’ll be part of HV Cables Development and Operation Management where you, together with your colleagues, will devise the most reliable and competitive solutions to support our bids and the safe operation of our assets. Within your team of experienced engineers, you’ll have the unique opportunity to cooperate closely with colleagues across Europe, the US, and APAC. You’ll also be interacting directly with our Operation and Engineering teams, acting as the primary point of contact between them and a vast suite of other internal stakeholders.
You’ll play an important role in:
- proposing changes to our Ørsted standard Technical Requirements for array and export cable design, based on lessons learned in our Operations & Maintenance (O&M) department
- supporting procurement activities of cables and accessories for our replacement or repair campaigns, or to support the spare parts strategy of our O&M function
- developing and implementing spare parts and replacement or repair preparedness strategies across our portfolio
- preparing and negotiating service agreements with cable, termination, and accessories suppliers.
To succeed in the role, you:
- are familiar with cable design and main international standards (e.g., IEC, CIGRE, IEEE)
- can present and explain technical material to non-technical personnel
- are able to work on numerous tasks, challenges, projects simultaneously and independently
- drive collaboration and co-ordination between various internal stakeholders to ensure the optimum solution for the project is reached, recognising the constraints on both the Landfall scope and those affecting our interface parties
- demonstrate a safety mindset, with an emphasis on quality.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 2 February 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
For DK, please don’t hesitate to contact Simone Pagliuca, Head of HVC Development & Operation Mgmt, on +4599557336 if you’d like to know more about the position.
For Poland, please don’t hesitate to contact Simone Pagliuca, Head of HVC Development & Operation Mgmt, on +4599557336 if you’d like to know more about the position.
For UK, please don’t hesitate to contact Simone Pagliuca, Head of HVC Development & Operation Mgmt, on +4599557336 if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please note that you’re expected to do some travelling in relation to your work, as you’ll visiting suppliers, other Orsted offices and construction sites across the globe. However, we pride ourselves on having a strong family and life friendly ethos and approach to our ways of working.
For the UK, please contact talentacquisitionUK@orsted.com if you’d like to request any flexibility or reasonable adjustments to perform in this role or for the application and assessment process.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.