Engineering and construction
Senior Project Manager
Imagine a future where you bring your project management skills into play, as part of the gas and oil infrastructure, supporting the green transition in Ørsted
Join us in this role where you’ll lead projects at all stages of their development, with cross-technical project teams consisting of both internal colleagues and external consultants. The project portfolio varies from construction projects of our gas and oil infrastructure to concept studies supporting our green transition. Carbon Capture and Storage (CCS) is one of the green transition projects you’ll be leading. Moreover, the operational sites are in Denmark and the Danish sector of the North Sea.
Welcome to Infrastructure Assets
You’ll be part of Project Management Office where you, together with your colleagues, will be working in a team-oriented environment with highly skilled and passionate colleagues. We focus on a learning culture based on trust and open dialogue. The team consists of two other project managers and three engineering specialists. The other teams you’ll collaborate with include QHSE, finance, and sourcing specialists, and onshore and offshore operators. We’re located in Gentofte, Fredericia, and Nybro, close to Esbjerg.
You’ll play an important role in:
- ensuring progress on the projects and making sure to deliver within scope, budget, and time schedule, using our project model and tools to support the success of the project
- motivating your project team and enforcing a learning culture to benefit both the organisation and the well-being and knowledge sharing of the team members
- engaging with stakeholders such as steering group, external partners, and authorities, as well as internal and external operators.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have an educational background in project management, with a technical understanding of assets
- have sound experience as a project manager, both in project planning and execution, preferably within the oil and gas industry
- have strong communication competences in both Danish and English
- understand how to address complex issues with different target groups in mind
- can collaborate and align expectations with various stakeholders, making the necessary compromises to make the project run smoothly and remain within the scope.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 31 January 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Gitte McCluskey Nielskov, Head of Asset Support, on +4599555385 if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please note that you’re expected to do some travelling in relation to your work, as you’ll travel to our sites in Denmark to meet colleagues and get to know our assets. It will be flexible and expected to be around 10-20% of the time, depending on the nature of specific projects.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.