Imagine a future where you optimize procurement to create a diverse and inclusive world that runs entirely on green energy
Join us in this role where you’ll support the project manager and lead procurement manager for US projects with daily procurement activities, working closely with our stakeholders. You’ll manage the proper handling of contracts and claims, holding responsibility for preparing and conducting supplier negotiations.
Welcome to North America Procurement
You’ll be part of a growing and diverse US offshore team of more than ten colleagues which prides itself on inclusivity where you, together with your colleagues, will oversee transitioning vendors from sourcing to contract management, as well as track and negotiate changes to contracts with key suppliers. Working with project execution teams, you’ll be supporting the delivery of offshore wind farms across a variety of scopes.
The position can be based in Houston, Texas
You’ll play an important role in:
- managing contracts to carry out construction and installation of offshore wind farms
- collaborating with global colleagues in the UK, EU, and APAC to identify and achieve synergies across projects, coordinating with a multidisciplinary project team
- ensuring that there is a contractual alignment between business and project objectives
- tracking expenditure and managing supplier invoices
- ensuring that procurement and contractual targets are met, building support, and making recommendations for the best commercial decisions
- providing guidance as subject matter expert for other colleagues in sourcing and contract management.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a bachelor’s degree in Business or a related field
- have least two years’ experience in procurement and contract management teams
- have experience working in a structured and matrixed environment, complying with relevant policies, regulations, and best practices
- demonstrate the capacity to identify and recommend process improvement opportunities
- have proven negotiation skills, enabling you to communicate professionally with key business partners, while maintaining contractual and business objectives
- thrive on working to facilitate communication, balancing competing and dynamic priorities alongside colleagues and various internal and external stakeholders.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than June 6, 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations US, Talent Acquisition Specialist, on talentacquisitionUS@orsted.com if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.