Finance and controlling
Lead Financial Accountant / Lead R2R expert
Imagine a future where you’re part of the Financial Accounting team, ensuring excellent financial reporting by leveraging business knowledge and driving process optimisation
Join us in this role where you’ll be responsible for a broad set of Financial Accounting and Reporting processes concerning the Group’s legal entities, including month-end closing, reconciliations, statutory accounts, as well as for performing internal controls. You’ll also play a leading role in process optimisation, aided by your significant experience in the field.
Welcome to Financial Accounting & Controlling (FAC)
You’ll be part of the Financial Accounting team where you, together with your global colleagues, will be responsible for delivering standardised, high-quality, and timely accounting and reporting products within FAC. The wider team is currently based over eight locations.
You’ll play an important role in:
- reporting on a number of legal entities for group reporting purposes within our Nordics region and providing deliverables on time with regards to month-end close timeline
- contributing to technical accounting research and policy-setting, including implementing compliance with relevant accounting standards, in close collaboration with our other service delivery team
- helping to shape necessary business requirements for financial data models which enables delivery on local government reporting requirements, e.g., National Statistics, and be comfortable in collation and review of other reporting submissions e.g., VAT
- preparing and documenting the rationale to complex financial journals, and reconciling your entities’ accounts to a high standard in accordance with internal frameworks
- preparing statutory financial statements in accordance with local GAAP and providing high-quality audit documentation with respect to audit deadlines and milestones.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a track record and are passionate about supporting less experienced team members with accounting issues and technicalities, drawing heavily from your professional experience
- have extensive and relevant experience working in a public accounting firm or a dynamic finance department from an international company
- speak and write English to a very advanced level, communicate clearly in writing, and excel at communicating financial issues in a readily understandable language
- have a master’s degree in Financial Accounting, Financial Controlling, or similar (ACCA or equivalent preferred)
- have an analytical and logical approach to issues as well as the ability to critically handle information you receive
- are results-oriented, proactive, and set visible and tangible goals for your tasks.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 30 June 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Ben McVeagh-Holness, , on +447584521987 if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
We offer a flexible workplace, and in this position, you’ll be working in a hybrid (office and home-working) set-up.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.